The 2023 entry fees are R5100 for a SOLO rider and R10200 per team
Dr Evil aka Leon Evans and Zandile decided to change the race format in 2016. This has been done with the rider in mind and for the maximum enjoyment of the stunning routes that we have in the area. Please refer to the accommodation tab for guidance on where to stay and riders are welcome to stay at one venue for all three days or to enjoy all that Plett and the Crags have to offer from an accommodation perspective. All venues are within less than 20 kilometres of each other.
THIS ENTRY INCLUDES
- World-class mountain bike routes that are constantly being upgraded through local partnerships.
- Top quality race venues in very beautiful locations.
- Full neutral support on route.
- All land access and permits that are arranged by the event organizers.
- Premium goody bags.
- Three-course Buffet (no more take away bags) LUNCHES will be provided to the riders on Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd as well as on Saturday 23rd September at Cairnbrogie Dairy Farm. There will also be a vegetarian dish option available and all Meals will be prepared by a professional local chef. There will be coffee/tea and snacks available at the venues before the start and a food truck catering for rider breakfasts and supporter meals.
- Super water points with delicious food and drinks.
- Squirt Bike wash and lubrication at the race village.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR RIDERS
- See transport and accommodation options at www.drevilclassic.com
- Airport Shuttles.
- Bicycle transport from Gauteng and Cape Town.
- Post-event shuttles available from Knysna for riders who will participate in the Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain bike challenge.
THE OPTION OF KAROO TO COAST
The final day of the Dr Evil Classic will be on Saturday 23rd September and the Lions Karoo to Coast will be A SEPARATE EVENT that takes place on Sunday 24th September. The Dr Evil Classic riders will be encouraged to ride the Lions Karoo to Coast and there will be shuttles available from Knysna to Uniondale on Saturday 23rd September after the FINISH of the Dr Evil Classic. Riders must arrange their own transport but the contact details of reputable service providers will be provided on both event sites. You are encouraged to make all transport plans early to avoid disappointment. Riders who enter the Dr Evil Classic will receive a preferential start in the Lions Karoo to Coast.
Bike check for the full race
Tech Zone offers Technical Assistance for the Three Day Stage Race. A full race check for the 3 days will cost R1250.00 and bookings in advance are recommended. Contact JP van Zyl – firstname.lastname@example.org Pre Bookings is advised.