Registration and Daily Covid-19 Controls
- There will be a Covid Station at the entrance to EACH race village daily and the registration. There will be a medic, a security guard and staff at this station. Please sanitize and then fill in the questionnaire and then your temperature will be taken. You will be given a wrist band to allow you access in to the race village, if all is good. Should your temperature be above average – you will immediately be escorted to the event medics.
- Your first RED wrist band will allow you access to the venue for 24 hours. You will NOT BE REQUIRED to be screened again for the STAGE ONE start at Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve if you have your RED wrist band on from registration.
- Once you finish Stage One – you will be encouraged to go to the Covid screening station AGAIN and to get screened. You will get a YELLOW wrist band if you are cleared. This will mean you do not have to fill in the form on race morning – Stage Two at Kurland and this will take the pressure off at this venue. Your temperature will be taken as you access Kurland on Friday 24th Sept but you will not need to complete the form if you did so after stage one was completed. Only those who did not fill in the form and receive their YELLOW wrist band after stage one – will need to queue on the morning of stage 2 / Kurland to get their the YELLOW access band.
- Once you finish Stage Two – you will be encouraged to go to the Covid screening station AGAIN and to get screened. You will get a GREEN wrist band if you are cleared. This will mean you do not have to fill in the form on race morning – Stage Three at Cairnbrogie and this will take the pressure off at this venue.
- You are encouraged to follow the flow of registration and confirm your Race Number with the Racetec team, purchase or pick up your Racetec number board – show your Race number to the goody bag team in order to receive your great goody bag and then move outside to eat and enjoy a beverage.
- We are minimizing the number of people inside at one time as the 250 legislation is based on the size of the inside of the venue.
- NO SPECTATORS OR SUPPORT CREW allowed in to the race villages. This is Covid-19 legislation and NO exceptions will be made. Support crew needs to drop riders and go.
- There will only be Take Away meals for riders in 2021.
- Once you pick up your Take Away meal please move outside to the outdoor seated area where no more than 500 people may gather at one time.
- The meals are in biodegradable packages. Please use the recycling bins as marked.
The Race Village protocol
- Face masks to be warn at all times except when /if you sit down to eat and drink in the outdoor spaces.
- Please maintain social distancing at ALL TIMES.
- Please wear your Covid Compliance Identification wrist band at all times. You will receive a new band daily after successful screening.
- There will be NO race briefings at the venues.
- The digital version of the race briefing will be uploaded to drevilclassic.com before the event commences.
- There will be no stage one and stage two prize givings.
- There will be a prizegiving at Cairnbrogie after Stage 3.
- Race management will contact winners after the event with regards to prizes.
Massage and Ozone Services
- These previously on-site services have been suspended for 2021 in order to maximise rider health and safety.
- Off-site Massages can be booked via Amanda: 082 494 2929