Dr Evil aka Leon Evans and Zandile decided to change the race format in 2016. This has been done with the rider in mind and for the maximum enjoyment of the stunning routes that we have in the area. Please refer to the accommodation tab for guidance on where to stay and riders are welcome to stay at one venue for all three days or to enjoy all that Plett and the Crags have to offer from an accommodation perspective. All venues are within less than 20 kilometres of each other.
The entry fee is R4350 for a SOLO rider and R8700 per team
THIS ENTRY INCLUDES
- World class mountain bike routes.
- Three race venues in very beautiful locations.
- Full neutral support on route.
- All land access and permits that are arranged by the event organizers.
- Premium goody bags with a NEW MERCHANDISE supplier.
- Dinner will be served at the Race Village for all competitors from the evening of Wednesday 16th September and LUNCHES will be provided to the riders on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th September as well as on Saturday 19th at Cairnbrogie Dairy Farm. There will also be a vegetarian dish option available and all Meals will be prepared by a professional local catering company. There will be coffee/tea and snacks available at the venues before the start but riders are encouraged to eat breakfast at their accommodation before coming to the venue this year.
- Super water points with food and drinks.
- Bike wash and lubrication at race village.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR RIDERS
- See transport and accommodation options
- Airport Shuttles
- Bicycle transport from Gauteng and Cape Town.
- Stalls and activities at the Wittedrift race village.
- A food truck with delicious food for supporters and for those wanting to purchase breakfast.
- Post event shuttles available from Knysna for riders who will participate in the Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain bike challenge.
THE OPTION OF KAROO TO COAST
The final day of the Dr Evil Classic will be on Saturday 19th September and the Lions Karoo to Coast will be A SEPARATE EVENT that takes place on Sunday 20th September. The Dr Evil Classic riders will be encouraged to ride the Lions Karoo to Coast and there will be shuttles available from Knysna to Uniondale on Saturday 19th September after the FINISH of the Dr Evil Classic. Riders must arrange their own transport but the contact details of reputable service providers will be provided on both event sites. You are encouraged to make all transport plans early to avoid disappointment. Riders who enter the Dr Evil Classic will receive a preferential start in the Lions Karoo to Coast.